Senior Test and Validation Engineer
YASA is looking for a Senior Test and Validation Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is a key role within YASA supporting the growth and diversification of our products and markets, reporting to our Systems and Verification Team Manager. Ideally this role would suit an engineer who is highly-motivated and has a background in the test and validation of new products, ideally electrical motors or other automotive electrical components.
You will be responsible for planning and coordinating both in-house and external product testing programmes for one or more of YASA’s main motor development projects, managing the work of other engineers and liaising with project management and customers on a regular basis. You will need to undertake reliability and failure mode analyses to support the wider Engineering function and our customers’ product development programmes.
You must possess a desire to work in a small but rapidly growing business, relishing the responsibility and opportunity this brings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, coordination and supervision of motor validation test programmes, incorporating both in-house and external testing. Planning and coordination may extend to include preparatory activities such as test rig development/upgrade works. Validation planning may include engagement with customers to determine and agree suitable tests and assess associated costs
- Review and approval of test specifications and test reports
- Liaising with Project Management to integrate the testing programme with the wider project planning and management activities
- Undertaking statistical reliability analyses to determine and justify sample quantities for validation testing
- Contributing/leading DFMEA and other in-house failure mode analyses, linking their outputs to validation tests
- Reporting on plans & progress to YASA management and external customers, including development of reports and delivery of presentations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5yrs + experience in automotive product development and test
- Strong analytical and judgment skills, including statistical reliability and failure mode analyses
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisations
- Ability to plan the work of a team, schedule resources, monitor and report on progress
- Flexibility in their approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines or similar components preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project preferred
- Willingness to travel as required.
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Share scheme
- Social activities
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.