Technical Sales Manager
YASA’s Commercial Team is looking for a highly motivated Technical Sales Manager with proven experience of technical sales in a fast-paced environment. This is a key role within YASA, supporting the growth and diversification of our products and markets, reporting to our Senior Business Development Manager.
You will be playing a crucial role within the Commercial Team in bringing YASA products to market fast, answering both technical and commercial customer queries, providing first class expertise and customer service that will contribute to keeping YASA at the forefront of electric motor and inverter technology in the years ahead.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Technical Sales function within the Commercial Team
- Display and continually update your technical expertise around the electrical and mechanical application of YASA products, as well as the general application environment
- Display a technical knowledge of competitive products and complimentary technology as well as automotive powertrain and drivetrain technology trends to assist the Commercial Team in ensuring YASA’s competitive position is always optimal
- Take leadership in assisting the YASA Commercial Team in responding to customers’ technical and commercial queries
- Through technical best practice, thorough planning and anticipation of potential customer issues, drive sales process to a successful conclusion
- Involvement in the technical aspects/data of the Commercial Team’s sales and marketing tools (e.g. FAQ documents, manuals, datasheets, presentation material)
- Respond to technical enquiries, bid proposals, Request for Information and Quotations (RFI and RFQ) with technical input as required
- Play an active role within the post-sales product fault and returns process, becoming the first line of technical troubleshooting before escalating to YASA’s Engineering Department.
- Assist the Commercial Team with sales operations in general and the day-to-day running of the Commercial process.
- This role will require some occasional travel both domestic and overseas
- From time to time, this person may be requested to work and assist in other parts of the YASA business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering degree, ideally with a focus on mechatronics or strong experience with mechanics or electronics
- At least 5 years’ experience within technical sales
- The ability to apply fundamental engineering principles to customer specifications
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Confident working with customers, able to understand issues and provide robust solutions
- A demonstrated hunger to hunt opportunities and close down a sale is highly key for this role
- Ability to liaise effectively and influentially across various departments in order to aid the sale and delivery of the products is important
- Proactive approach and able to self-manage is highly desirable
- Tenacious attitude and able to challenge where appropriate
- A flexible approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast-moving environment
- Organised and able to follow tasks through to completion to ensure action
- Creative problem solver with an analytical approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- Experience working in the automotive industry
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share ownership scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.