Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
YASA is looking for a highly motivated self-starter who prides themselves on their ability to deliver results and has a flair for engineering and robust manufacturing practices. As a key member of the Operations Team you will have a detailed understanding of automotive supply chain processes, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role exists to improve the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. This includes: the development of supply chain related procedures and processes; supplier assessment and qualification; management of supplier concerns; leading/coordinating supplier APQP activities; management of problem resolution and other quality/purchasing improvement initiatives and activities.
The role includes assessment of the current supplier base to identify, evaluate and develop suppliers capable of providing cost effective quality component for existing and future projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out supplier qualification assessments including detailed on-site process audits (to automotive standards)
- Preparing sourcing recommendations based on the results of supplier assessment activities
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality and inspection requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Leading the implementation of robust processes for supplier management and development
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Leading the successful implementation and owning the delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction and sourcing activities
- Working closely with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Approving new products and services in line with Company procedures
- Dealing with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution in a timely manner
- Leading supplier monitoring visits and audits, both in the UK and overseas, as required.
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the automotive TS16949 Management Systems standard
- Analysis and reporting of supplier quality incidents
- Undertaking other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience gained in an automotive supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Experience of auditing both internal and supplier processes
- Experience of supplier development programmes, Pareto, PFMEA or similar continuous improvement initiatives to drive quality improvements
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team..
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.