Senior Power Engineer
Due to the growth and success of YASA, an exciting opportunity exists for a talented self-starter to join the growing YASA Controller Research and Development Team, based in Welshpool.
The role will be key to integrating the YASA technology into a range of diverse applications and you will work with the Principal Power Engineer to design, implement, test and document the YASA controller power hardware.
The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated engineer with a demonstrated ability of development in a fast paced environment. Applicants with practical experience will be preferred as the post will involve significant hands-on work in the laboratory.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the inverter and converter power concept development and contributing to specification and circuit reviews
- Supporting the functional safety case (ISO 26262) of the system
- Interfacing with vendors, subcontractors and being part of the selection discussions
- Design and validation of high power inverters for automotive applications
- Simulation and evaluation of thermal models
- PCB layout design and manufacturing support
- Evaluating component lifetime, limits and derating
- Supporting EMC testing and the development of technical files.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with at least 7 years’ experience
- Knowledge of ECAD tools, EMC testing and automotive inverter systems would be advantageous
- Flexible in their approach to work and with the desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast moving working environment within a small company
- Creative problem solver, with a logical approach to implementing solutions
- Confident with customers and suppliers
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.