Lead Power Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented self-starter to join the growing YASA Controller team based in Welshpool, Powys.
You will working within the Manufacturing Team, leading the Power Team for the design, implementation, testing and documentation the YASA controller power hardware.
The ideal candidate would be a highly-motivated engineer with a demonstrated ability of development and team leadership in a fast-paced environment. Looking for that next step in career progression, you will be keen to grow knowledge and experience that can only be gained from a small or medium sized company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Power Team through the completion of successful projects
- Research into best practice and customer/motor needs
- Power concept development, prototype and evaluation
- Inverter power stage (48Vdc, 400Vdc, 700Vdc) design
- SMPS design
- Thermal models and protection
- PCB review and layout
- Conformance (including creepage and clearance)
- Testing of component lifetime and limits
- Testing of conformance and failure modes
- Supporting procurement in specification and vendor interfacing
- Automotive functional safety support
- Support of procurement, including cost down and volume manufacture
- Cost analysis
- Specification review
- Contribute to the task list and time/resource analysis
- Support of the Sales Team, including application specification
- Support of after sales and repeat sales
- Research into future iteration and new product ideas
- Support recruitment and talent spotting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with at least 7 years’ experience as a Power Engineer
- Proven experience successfully leading a team
- ISO 26262 functional safety experience
- Experience with ECAD tools, EMC testing and automotive inverter systems
- Flexible in their approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting, fast moving environment
- Creative problem solver, with a logical approach to implementing solutions
- Confident with customers and suppliers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.