Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join the growing YASA Design and Development Team.
The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated and experienced Lead Engineer with a demonstrated ability for leading design and development projects in a fast-paced environment.
You must have a sound knowledge of engineering principles and materials, and an ability to successfully lead new program and concept design activities, including new product developments or customer driven applications. Working to a range of industry standards for quality and validation, you will be capable of leading the delivery of solutions backed up with a robust methodology that will keep YASA at the forefront of electric motor technology in the years ahead.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead new program and concept design activities including internal new product developments or customer driven applications
- Support customers in challenging package and integration issues with motors, controllers and gearboxes to provide practical solutions for the application
- Work with the Business Development Application Team to provide technical support and input on current and future design capabilities
- Progress the development and capability of YASA’s simulation capability in Mechanical FEA, modal analysis and CFD
- Lead specific internal manufacturing projects that may include automation, machining and rig design
- Identify technical opportunities and assess feasibility for YASA that may arise from new materials, processes or designs e.g., material substitution with carbon, high tensile steel, titanium and composites
- Develop ideas and design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
- Liaise with key suppliers and customers on design and development issues, resolve to the optimal solution and understand the compromises
The ideal candidate will have:
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.