YASA is looking for an experienced HSE Manager to join our rapidly growing company. This is a new role within YASA and you will be responsible for all aspects of HSE work within the company, reporting to our Chief Operating Officer. This position will suit someone with prior health, safety and environment experience within an engineering sector, ideally automotive. You must be an effective facilitator with the ability to influence and engage a variety of stakeholders to drive forward a positive H&S culture. We are looking for someone who will have a pragmatic approach to risk management that empowers colleagues to be part of the creation and maintenance of a safe working environment.
You must possess a desire to work in a small but rapidly growing business, relishing the responsibility and opportunity this brings. Identifying areas of non-compliance or opportunities to reduce risk, creating solutions and advising on company policies, procedures, legal obligations and training whilst coordinating all HSE issues and raising awareness.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting HSE inspections, risk assessments and compliance audits in line with the business strategy, and supporting effective close out of any actions arising
- Writing of QHSE standards/procedures for inclusion within a safety and environmental management system
- Demonstrable experience of monitoring and analysis of a HSE management system performance
- Initiating and maintaining positive and pro-active measures to raise the level of HSE awareness and performance across the company
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and expertise in all areas of compliance in order to provide appropriate advice and support.
- Providing managers and employees with information on legislative and corporate compliance, advising on ways of meeting statutory requirements and Corporate HSE Policies, HSE guidance and codes of practice.
- Initiate and lead a HSE committee to review audits, the implementation of HSE policies, working practices, safety procedures
- Interface with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters such as fire risk assessment and certification, emergency planning and safety improvement plans.
- Responsible for overseeing all HSE training to help our employees meet compliance and raise HSE responsibility
The ideal candidate will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma/NCRQ Diploma or equivalent, i.e. NVQ Level 5 or 6 or accredited degree
- Strong knowledge and experiencing of auditing and membership of the IIRSM
- Demonstrable experience of delivering effective health and safety management within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience in conducting accident investigation and health and safety inspections/audits
- Flexible in their approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast moving environment
- Ability to operate under own cognisance and, on occasion, with limited information
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- Organised and self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- Willingness to travel as required
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.