Functional Safety and Systems Process Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented self-starter to join the growing YASA Controller Team based in Yarnton, Oxfordshire, with regular contact with the software and power teams based in Welshpool, Powys.
The ideal candidate would be a highly-motivated engineer with a demonstrated ability of safety systems and system engineering in a fast-paced industry. Looking for that next step in career progression, you will be keen to grow knowledge and experience that can only be gained from a small/medium sized company.
You must have a sound knowledge of engineering principles, a working knowledge of ISO26262 or similar (IEC 61508 etc.), TS16949 and SPICE, combined with strong analytical and technical writing skills.
You will be flexible in your approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership for the product DFMEA, APQP, FTA processes at the motor controller and systems level
- Part of a team creating and implementing the process of product developed to ISO 26262 ASIL C. This will include requirement tracking and ensuring that the defined processes are followed
- Part of the team implementing our in-house Automotive SPICE process
- The generation of documentation and supporting items to a standard to satisfy functional safety audit and assessment and TS 16949
- Work closely with firmware and control hardware teams to ensure best practice is followed and product meets define safety goals.
- Work closely with the QA Manager and Systems Manager
- Provide guidance to the firmware and hardware teams in safety related processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Firmware/electronic engineering background and education to degree level
- 3yrs+ experience in a functional safety and systems process environment
- Requirement tracking systems (Cradle, DOORs etc)
- Use of DFMEA tools (APIS etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in particular technical report writing.
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.