Control and Analysis Engineer
YASA is looking for a Control and Analysis Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This role would ideally suit an Engineer with a background in highly automated test equipment/facility development and test data analysis.
You will need to be familiar with the development of LabVIEW automated control systems for complex, bespoke test rigs/facilities that incorporate mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical technologies. You will benefit from being familiar with developing data acquisition, processing, storage and post-processing/analysis scripts with software tools such as LabVIEW and MATLAB.
You must possess a desire to work in a small but rapidly growing business, relishing the responsibility and opportunity this brings. You will be responsible for development, commissioning and ongoing control system maintenance/enhancement for both new and existing test facilities, and for the supporting data processing scripts that convert raw measurements into valuable information for making engineering decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, commissioning and maintaining the core [LabVIEW based] control system for YASA’s in-house motor test rigs e.g. dynamometers
- Driving forward YASA’s growing LabVIEW capability through regular meetings with other LabVIEW users, development of training material for new users, organisation of external training, management of licences, special hardware etc.
- Development of data handling, post-processing and mathematical analysis scripts for extracting (and communicating) useful information from motor test data. Scripts will be developed in both LabVIEW and MATLAB.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5yrs+ experience in the development of LabVIEW-based automated control systems for complex electromechanical rigs/facilities
- 5yrs+ experience in the use of LabVIEW and/or MATLAB for the post-processing and analysis of test data to extract information on underlying performance/behaviour
- Strong control, electronics or software engineering background with particular focus on industrial or automotive control systems and data analytics
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric motors or similar components preferred
- Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities
- Flexibility in their approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organizations
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.
No recruitment agencies please.