YASA is looking for an experienced CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator with experience of achieving sub 10-micron tolerances, working in a fast-paced environment. This is a key role within YASA, supporting the growth and diversification of our products and markets, reporting to our Engineering Manager. Working to a range of industry standards, you will be responsible for operating our HAAS CNC Machine for high volume manufacture. Experience with SolidWorks or Delcam with the ability to cutter path codes and transfer to the CNC machine would be highly beneficial, and the ability to use a manual lathe and milling machine would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Off-line and on-line programming of the CNC machine
- Manual operation of the CNC machine
- Planning machining, experience interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Planning stock inventory
- Set-up of the mills and lathes, understanding of how to install and adjust three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets; indicating DTI tramming of vices and heads
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs
- Undertake any other duties that may be considered appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator
- Experience of machining within a production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- UK driving licence and be available to support visits to supplier sites.
- Experience with HAAS machinery.
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.