Automation Systems Assembly Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented self-starter to join the growing YASA Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team. We are looking for a highly motivated Technician with a demonstrated ability for assembly of automated equipment in a fast-paced environment.
You must have a sound knowledge of automation systems and their assembly, and an ability to apply your experience creatively in the assembly of automated test and assembly systems for a range of world leading innovative products.
- Working with the AME team to assemble and maintain YASA’s process and test equipment, ensuring the company meets its quality and schedule requirements.
- Interpreting the detail of mechanical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics for automated systems in order to assemble the equipment to precise quality standards.
- Installation of PLC, HMI, motion and vision inspection systems
- Provide feedback to the design teams to ensure overall automation system design meets requirements for functionality and manufacture
- Assembly of engineering test and validation equipment
- Support the creation of technical documentation to support safe machine operation
- Support development and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Maintain new and existing equipment to ensure production schedules are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Flexible in their approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast-moving environment
- HNC or equivalent in electrical, electronic or manufacturing systems with at least 5 years’ experience in an automation systems build/maintenance environment
- Qualification in IEE wiring regulations
- Have a strong mechanical or electrical engineering background, but more importantly, be able to apply knowledge to real world situations
- Have the ability to provide feedback to the design team and suggest design improvements if required.
- Good understanding of automation components such as PLCs, robotics, vision systems, pneumatics, electrical circuits and coolant systems (water/gycol and oil)
- Confident working with suppliers to procure required hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- UK driving licence and be available to support visits to supplier sites.
- Previous experience in an automotive environment
- Experience of working within a TS16949 quality system environment.
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.