Automation Systems Mechanical Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented self-starter to join the growing YASA Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer with a demonstrated ability for the design and detail of mechanical drawings for automated equipment in a fast-paced environment.
You must have a sound knowledge of automation systems, and an ability to apply your experience creatively in the development of automated test and assembly systems for a range of world leading innovative products.
Working to a range of industry standards for mechanical automated system design, you will be capable of providing solutions backed up with a robust methodology that will keep YASA at the forefront of electric motor technology in the years ahead.
- Design and detail of mechanical drawings for automated equipment
- Develop automation solutions for process and test equipment used to manufacture YASA’s product range
- Responsible for the mechanical integration of hardware including electric motors, torque transducers, PLC, motion control and vision inspection systems
- Understand design for assembly and constraints for high volume manufacture
- Provide detailed input to the engineering and validation teams to ensure overall automation system design meets requirements for functionality and manufacture
- Support the creation of technical documentation to support safe machine operation
- Support development and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Liaise with suppliers of automation system components
- Undertake any other duties that may be considered appropriate.
- Flexible in their approach to work, desire to thrive in a dynamic and exciting fast-moving environment
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering with at least 5 years’ experience in a mechanical design environment
- Experienced user of SolidWorks CAD software package with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings working to BS8888 with best practice geometric tolerances.
- Experience with drawing control systems such as PDM
- Have a strong mechanical or electrical engineering background, but more importantly, be able to apply knowledge to real world situations
- Creative problem solver, with analytical approach to implementation
- Good understanding of automation components such as robotics, vision systems, pneumatics
- Confident working with suppliers, able to detail requirements and understand issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- UK driving licence and be available to support visits to supplier sites.
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines or rotational/complex components
- Experience in the mechanical design of automated assembly and test systems
- Experience of working within a TS16949 quality system environment
- Familiar with FMEAs and robust engineering practices
- 25 days' holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV and a covering letter.
Your application will be processed personally and confidentially by YASA's internal recruitment team.
No recruitment agencies please.
YASA is an equal opportunities employer.